Important Tips for Building Materials Manufacturers to Grow Sales
How can you help your sales people win every sale? Hiring the right talent is essential, but it’s also important to provide supportive resources that help your team succeed. Here’s what to focus on.
- Structured and thorough onboarding processes: No one likes to feel unprepared for a job. Even salespeople with a track record of success still need to understand the ins and outs of your business. Having a set onboarding structure in place can help your salespeople be more productive and make an impact more quickly. Having a mentor or seasoned employee paired with new hires is also a way to help employees get on the same page about expectations.
- Provide the best training: Ride-alongs, employee shadowing, factory tours and regular product training can provide the foundation for sales employees to better understand your business, the industry and the needs of your customer.
- Clear communication and resolution strategies: Customers say some of the most important things in a production partner include a way to place and track orders, fast responses to requests on samples or pricing, and reduced product damage during shipping. That’s why it’s important to empower your salespeople to provide the best service and a way to win back business if a problem should arise.
- Work with marketing: Marketing teams play a vital role in business. One of their main functions is helping support sales teams and provide the necessary collateral to help educate customers and ensure they understand why your product or service is the best choice for their organization. Making sure that sales and marketing have a functional and positive relationship means salespeople can have more input into marketing materials that will help make a difference with customers.
- Clear expectations: People who understand what’s expected of them are able to focus better and achieve their goals more effectively. Make sure that each employee understands how they’ll be evaluated and what the expected outcome of their role is.
When you have a winning team and a proper sales strategy in place, you empower your team and serve your customers, and you will see positive gains in sales and better brand growth. Contact us today to help you find the best sales talent for your growing business.