People Challenges in The Building Materials Industry
While the building materials industry may be continuing to see great success overall, that’s not to say it’s without its people challenges. Company leaders, sales leaders, and sales and marketing teams are facing some significant difficulties.
- Conveying value vs. price: If your product is better quality or your company offers superior service, it’s likely you’re more expensive than your competitor. It can be challenging to get cost-sensitive clients to understand that your price is higher but so is the value of what you’re offering, ultimately making it a better and more affordable option over time.
- Creating relationships and resources: No one wants to be sold to. More and more, businesses are moving away from the hard-sell mentality and transitioning into the idea that salespeople are partners and resources to customers. Getting clients to trust your salespeople as their advisors in the industry is key to establishing good, long-term relationships.
- Attracting and retaining talent: The industry may be stable, but it doesn’t always make job candidates think “cool.” It’s up to your business to create the kind of culture that makes people want to get hired there and stay to support your company goals. Hiring talented individuals is important, but it’s also necessary to make sure you’re willing to train the right people and continue investing in them.
One of the best ways to meet these challenges is to make sure you’re offering your teams – particularly salespeople, marketing groups and HR teams – the right support and the right training. When they understand the challenges they’re going to face, they can better prepare for how to approach customers and clients, as well as the potential candidates you need to do your best business. This includes:
- Regular product training so salespeople are equipped with the best knowledge on how to solve customer problems
- Marketing teams who are educated on communicating value propositions and can work with sales teams to create the materials to engage with and educate customers
- The best software solutions for sales, marketing and HR teams so your business can be effective, productive and competitive in all areas
If you’re looking for the best people to invest in to grow your brand and help take challenges head-on, we can help. Our staffing experts can make sure you get the talent you need to tackle whatever your business faces. Contact us today.